Current IP Highlights
Save the Date!! May 11 Congressional District 5 Online Caucus! Let's Reform Minneapolis NOW!!
The IP and Alliance Party "In the News"
Your Independence-Alliance, IP Candidates and National Party in the news:
- Alliance Party and American Delta Party Agree to Merge, AP News, 10/12/20
- Kanye West submits Minnesota Ballot petition, Bemidji Pioneer, 08/18/20
- We want a more peaceful world, but it starts from within, StarTribune, 05/28/20 – Op-ed by former State Chair, Jack Uldrich
- Lucan couple seeks legislative seats, New Ulm Journal, 05/13/20
- Can Minnesota’s political parties forge stronger ties with immigrants and refugees?, MinnPost, 05/04/20
- Pandemic causes difficulty for 3rd party candidates trying to get on November ballot, Marshall Radio, 04/17/20
- Philip Fuehrer and Ben Thome talk politics with a MN perspective, After Dark Podcast, 02/16/20
IP Blog Entry: To “Re-Open” or Not, That Is Not The Question
Read our newest IP Blog entry. Written by State Chair Phil Fuehrer on re-opening the Minnesota economy in light of COVID-19:
The call to “reopen” the Minnesota (and national) economy has grown over the last couple of weeks. Decisions on “stay-at-home”, “reopen” and under what conditions need to be made, first on assumptions/ predictions and with data as that information comes in.
A month has now passed since that April 7 posting and more data has come in. Some of that data…
You can read the full blog entry here.
Op-Ed Commentary Response: Vote for the Candidates You Support
Recently, an op-ed writer wrote of third parties as spoilers. IP State Chair Phil Fuehrer has written a response encouraging people to vote for the candidates they support.
What do you get when you vote for alternative candidates? You get more voices in the system, more choices at the ballot box and a better chance at a truly responsive and representative government.
IP Blog Entry: COVID-19 Spectrum of Leadership Decisions; Not “Correct” or “Incorrect” Answers
Read our newest IP Blog entry. Written by State Chair Phil Fuehrer on leadership decision-making spectrums:
Politics, like life, is complicated, as is leadership. As much as partisans on both sides of the liberal/conservative aisle would like to convince us otherwise there is rarely a directly “correct” or “wrong” answer or decision. Instead, there is more often a spectrum of decisions, each with…
You can read the full blog here.
Upcoming events of interest:
- Annual State Convention, POSTPONED (Location/Time TBD)
- State Executive Committee Meeting, Sunday, July 12, TBD – 1pm
- Twin Cities Pride, POSTPONED TBD, Minneapolis, MN
- State Executive Committee Meeting, Sunday, August 2, TBD – 1pm
Email: email@example.com for more information on any upcoming event.
In 1992, a group of Minnesota citizens established a brand new political party—the Independence Party. These bold, visionary citizens were not part of the political elite, captains of industry, or members of the idle rich looking to fill some time. They were ordinary citizens whose disgust with constant budget deficits, big money special interest influence, and extreme ideological dominance forced them to action.
Nearly thirty years later those same frustrations have only grown worse. Now aligned with a national force, the Independence-Alliance Party continues its work to solving the issues and giving Minnesotans a true voice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our philosophy is that the only wasted vote is the one cast for something you don’t want. If you’re voting the “lesser of two evils” then you’re wasting your vote. Vote your conscience and it’s never a wasted vote.