Current IP Highlights
August 14 State Convention!
The IP and Alliance Party "In the News"
Your Independence-Alliance, IP Candidates and National Party in the news:
- Interview with State Chair Philip Fuehrer, Long Live Third/Alternative Parties Podcast, 07/29/21
- COTTON: Today we celebrate the freedom to make a better future, Culpepper Star-Exponent, 07/04/21 – Op-Ed by Nat’l Political Coordinator, Tim Cotton
- Political Redistricting: National implications, local impacts, Eden Prairie Local News, 06/08/21
- Alliance Party and American Delta Party Agree to Merge, AP News, 10/12/20
- We want a more peaceful world, but it starts from within, StarTribune, 05/28/20 – Op-ed by former State Chair, Jack Uldrich
- Can Minnesota’s political parties forge stronger ties with immigrants and refugees?, MinnPost, 05/04/20
Mike Winter endorsed for Minneapolis Mayor
The IP has endorsed Mike Winter in his race to be the next mayor of Minneapolis.
Mike Winter (www.mike4mpls.com) was born and raised in the Nokomis neighborhood of South Minneapolis. He enrolled at Roosevelt High School for his remaining four years, graduating in 1993. Winter is a union-proud member of Teamsters Local 792 and has served as a union steward for the past four years.
Mike is looking to “Move Minneapolis Forward”. He is pleased to have the endorsement of the Independence-alliance saying, “I am very happy to have found a political home,” said Winter.
“This election is a real inflection point for the city of Minneapolis, said State Chair Phil Fuehrer. “Mike Winter’s focus on reducing crime and restoring quality of life to the residents of Minneapolis is what the city needs at this time,” he added.
Learn more about Mike and his campaign, volunteer or make a donation here: www.mike4mpls.com.
Op-Ed Commentary Response: Vote for the Candidates You Support
Recently, an op-ed writer wrote of third parties as spoilers. IP State Chair Phil Fuehrer has written a response encouraging people to vote for the candidates they support.
What do you get when you vote for alternative candidates? You get more voices in the system, more choices at the ballot box and a better chance at a truly responsive and representative government.
IP Blog Entry: COVID-19 Spectrum of Leadership Decisions; Not “Correct” or “Incorrect” Answers
Read our newest IP Blog entry. Written by State Chair Phil Fuehrer on leadership decision-making spectrums:
Politics, like life, is complicated, as is leadership. As much as partisans on both sides of the liberal/conservative aisle would like to convince us otherwise there is rarely a directly “correct” or “wrong” answer or decision. Instead, there is more often a spectrum of decisions, each with…
You can read the full blog here.
Upcoming events of interest:
- Annual State Convention, August 14, 4pm, Parkers Lake North Picnic Shelter, Plymouth MN. Followed at 5:30pm with the supporter appreciation picnic. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org to attend!
- Minnesota State Fair – August 26 to September 6 – our booth is right next to the “Big Fat Bacon” booth!!
- State Executive Committee Meeting, Sunday, September 12, – 1pm, on Zoom, contact us for the meeting link
Email: email@example.com for more information on any upcoming event.
In 1992, a group of Minnesota citizens established a brand new political party—the Independence Party. These bold, visionary citizens were not part of the political elite, captains of industry, or members of the idle rich looking to fill some time. They were ordinary citizens whose disgust with constant budget deficits, big money special interest influence, and extreme ideological dominance forced them to action.
Nearly thirty years later those same frustrations have only grown worse. Now aligned with a national force, the Independence-Alliance Party continues its work to solving the issues and giving Minnesotans a true voice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our philosophy is that the only wasted vote is the one cast for something you don’t want. If you’re voting the “lesser of two evils” then you’re wasting your vote. Vote your conscience and it’s never a wasted vote.